by Marvin J. Taylor
28 March 19, 9 pm
Venue: Pogo Bar
Please RSVP at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In reflection on the exhibition David Wojnarowicz Photography & Film 1978-1992, Marvin J. Taylor, director of the NYU Fales Library & Collection, will be presenting a selection of films in the Pogo Bar. The evening evolves around New York City’s Downtown scene and allows an insight into the archive of the Downtown Collection that Taylor started in 1993 in order to underline the importance of the scene from the mid 1960s to 1990s. The screening is accompanied by a conversation with Krist Gruijthuijsen, director of KW and curator of the David Wojnarowicz exhibition.
- Emily Armstrong and Pat Ivers, Divine and the Dead Boys, 1978, from GoNightclubbing Archive.
- Robert Blanchon, Let’s Just Kiss and Say Goodbye, 1995, from Robert Blanchon Papers.
- Three Teens Kill Four, No Motive, 1982, from GoNightclubbing Archive.
- David’s Answering Machine Tape the Day Peter Hujar Died, from David Wojnarowicz Papers.
- John Sex on CNN, 2 July 1986.
- Gay Cable Network trailer, from Gay Cable Network Archive.